EMAIL marketing is king (7 reasons WHY!) June 01 2017
YOU OWN IT!
1. You OWN your list. You didn't pay to rent space from somewhere other social site, or pay for likes or followers. You actually physically have a copy of the spreadsheet file with all the emails and names. All the people who are love you! and want to hear more from you! No google, facebook, or Instagram can take that file away from you even if you get kicked off of their platforms or if they decide to stop showing you in the algorithm. You will always own your own email list.
IF SOCIAL MEDIA WAS WIPED OFF THE INTERWEB...
2. If social media disappeared you would survive and thrive. We've heard the buzz words, the algorithm is constantly changing, someone you know has been shadow banned. It's all true. It is happening. Not only that but Instagram and Facebook are creating imaging software that recognizes exactly what is in your photo and if you talk about something other then what's in your photo in your caption, they're going to rank it less in the algorithm. They're still sorting all of this out, and it's just going to get even CRAZIER down the line. So we have to prepare as small business owners and marketers. We need to start an email list. If we were kicked off from our accounts like so many of our friends, if you have an active, engaged email list you would survive and you would thrive.
INSTAGRAM'S MID LIFE CRISIS
3. Instagram is having a mid life crisis... all we can do is watch. It's true. With shadow banning, new photo recognition technology, and low engagement because of the CONSTANTLY changing algorithm all we can do is pull up our socks, dust off our shoes and wait. But while we're waiting, we'll be forming a plan. We'll be actively using Instagram to grow our own email lists.
PAY TO PLAY
3. Instagram will eventually adopt the pay to play, same as facebook. Facebook owns Instagram. Facebook pages are a thing of the past. Most people just push their Instagram images to post to their FB pages and hope they'll be 'seen' by a few of their followers. To get your image in front of your target market, you've got to have some $$$ behind you to back up those ads. Facebook once was a thriving network of referrals and what business dreams were made of, but now it's a pay to play platform and so many of us can't afford the entry fee. Email lists are yours. You won't ever have to keep paying someone else to get your message in front of your customers.
YOUR EXACT TARGET MARKET
4. Email marketing is sent to the EXACT target market, to the people who opted in to your list. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of shouting to the masses and hoping my image gets shown in the algorithm. With email lists, no more shouting to the masses and hoping it falls on the right target market. This is your target market. They've opted in to your list. They have said, I like what you're putting out, give me more!
6-8 TOUCH POINTS BEFORE A SALE HAPPENS
5. Email marketing is another way of building relationships with your customers which in turn will convert them into paying clients. They say it takes anywhere between 6-8 touch points before someone buys from you. This is another great way to make sure the RIGHT people are seeing your message. That the RIGHT people are getting to know you and that you're building relationships and trust and creating another touch point with the RIGHT people.
INSTAGRAM'S MID LIFE CRISIS
6. Instagram is having a mid life crisis... all we can do is watch. It's true. With shadow banning, new photo recognition technology, and low engagement because of the CONSTANTLY changing algorithm all we can do is pull up our socks, dust off our shoes and wait. But while we're waiting, we'll be forming a plan. We'll be actively using Instagram to grow our own email lists.
SERVICE BASED INDUSTRY
7. If you blog, post on facebook, share images on Instagram and are a product or service based business you can still have a wicked email campaign going. You just need to nurture it and run your campaigns correctly. Automation will be your best friend. Don't waste anymore time now knowing what to do, START now. You just can't afford not to have an email list in this changing digital age.
I STILL LOVE INSTAGRAM
Don't get me wrong, I am still a HUGE lover of Instagram, I think we've got 2 more years before it totally goes into the pay to play avenue that FB pages are now at. But I want to be prepared. I've spent 14 years building up my business so I want another avenue of marketing that I own. Email marketing is the way to go. I've been actively growing and engaging my email list for the last 8 years. I want you to be able to feel safe if social media disappeared that your business would still survive too.
I just opened up 10 spots for my email marketing workshop happening at the end of June. The best part? It's in the evening! I had so many people ask me to host one in the evening so I heard you and here it is. 6-8PM EST on Monday June 26th. Can't wait to see you there.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE GUIDE ON THE BIGGEST MISTAKES ENTREPRENEURS MAKE ON INSTAGRAM
To view more of our unique, handcrafted & one of a kind jewellery handmade in Toronto Canada click here. http://www.hattitudejewels.com/collections/all