Why I Don't Have 10K Followers on Instagram (AND I'm Happy About it!) January 31 2017 2 Comments
I'm okay with not having 10,000 followers, in fact I'm kind of happy about it for these 3 reasons in this article.
WHAT THE K MEANS BESIDE SOMEONE'S INSTAGRAM FOLLOWERS MEAN?
Ever wondered what the K was beside someone's Instagram followers account? Have you ever looked at someone's feed and been like 'wow! They have 10,000 followers. How'd they do that?' Next time you look at someone's feed and see that they have a little K beside their numbers, check out their engagement. This is after all the ONLY thing that matters on Instagram.
- engaged followers = engaged customers
- # of likes divided by # of followers gives you engagement rate
- engagement rate between 2-4% for major brands is really good!
- brands that have 10,000 followers but only 100 likes... that's a 1% engagement rate
- advice for those accounts, CULL their followers
- only have followers who are actually engaged with your product or service
If they have 10,000 followers but only 100 likes on average for each post... you have to ask yourself, is this engagement good? What about the other 9,800 people who are following them?
3 REASONS WHY I'M OKAY WITH NOT HAVING A K BESIDE MY FOLLOWERS ON INSTAGRAM
Here's some reasons why I'm okay with not having a K beside my numbers, and why I purposely go through my Instagram followers every 6 months to get rid of "dead" beats... AKA people who just do follow for follow and who aren't even interested in what I've posted. That's actually hurting my account stopping others from seeing my posts who really want to!
1. Algorithm Drag
- more followers that aren't engaged drag down your algorithm spot
2. Not Showing up
- you're not showing up in the people's feeds who are actually interested in you
3. Photos aren't getting the likes they deserve
- being dragged down in the algorithm means people aren't seeing you, means less likes, means even futher down the algorithm, it's a vicious cycle.
TAKE A MINUTE RIGHT NOW AND FIND OUT YOUR ENGAGEMENT RATE
Find your worst liked photo and your best liked photos on Instagram in the past two weeks.
- find your worst amount of likes on a photo
- find your most amount of likes on a photo
- find the engagement rate for each photo (# likes / # of followers)
What was your engagement rate for each photo? Do this with a few more images. Do you find a pattern between each of the best engaged photos? Was it the time of day you posted? Or was it the content? What are your followers diggin' that you're puttin' out? What sort of content is it? This is a great way to find out what your target market is vibing on your account!
DOWNLOAD MY FREE GUIDE ON THE BIGGEST MISTAKES ENTREPRENEURS MAKE ON INSTAGRAM
To view more of our unique, handcrafted & one of a kind jewellery handmade in Toronto Canada click here. http://www.hattitudejewels.com/collections/all